عنوان مقاله [English]
This article aims to present a novel neural network observer-based approach in order to estimate the state variables of the nonlinear dynamical system of chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML), specially the number of the infected cells. For this purpose, a two-layer feed forward neural network was applied. The weights of both layers are considered variables, depending on time. In order to adjust the neural network weights, the error back propagation learning algorithm was implemented. First of all, in this algorithm, the system outputs are generated according to random weights. Then the error is calculated and propagated back to the network and the weights are updated. This loop is executed until the error asymptotically converges to a small neighbourhood of zero. The better performance of a neural observer would be apparent in comparison with a classical high gain observer. Applying this method for estimating the state variables of cell dynamics results in a reduction in the number of tests and the required samples, which will consequently reduce costs and prevent wasting leukemic patients’ time.
- Chen, C. Maecker, H. Lee, P. (2008), “Development and dynamics of robust T-cell responses to CML. Blood.” 111(11), 5342–5349.
- Chen, B., Zhang, H., Lin, C. (2016). Observer-Based Adaptive Neural Network Control for Nonlinear Systems in Nonstrict-Feedback Form. IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, Vol 27,No 1.
- Ghafari, A. Azizi, K. Amini, MR. (2012), “Mathematical Modeling of Cancer and Designing an Optimal Chemotherapy Protocol Based on Lyapunov Stability Criteria”, Journal of Isfahan Medical School, Vol 29, No 174, pp.:3117-3126
- Hussain, S., Bazaz, M. A. (2016). Neural Network Observer Design for Sensorless Control of Induction Motor Drive. IFAC-PapersOnLine, 49(1), 106-111.
- Khoygani, M. R. R., Ghasemi, R., & Vali, A. R. (2015). Intelligent nonlinear observer design for a class of nonlinear discrete-time flexible joint robot. Intelligent Service Robotics, 8(1), 45-56.
- Khoygani, M. R. R., Ghasemi, R. (2016). Neural estimation using a stable discrete-time MLP observer for a class of discrete-time uncertain MIMO nonlinear systems. Nonlinear Dynamics, 1-17.
- Kim, P., Lee, P., Levy, D. (2008), “Dynamics and potential impact of the immune response to chronic myelogenous leukemia.” PLoS Comput. Biol., 4(6), e1000095.
- Lewis, F.L. Yesildirek, A. and Liu, K. (1996), “Multilayer neural-net robot controller with guaranteed tracking performance.” IEEE Trans. Neural Nerworks;pp. 1-11.
- Malekzadeh, M., Khosravi, A., Rasouli, H., Noei, A. R. (2015, November). A Genesio-Tesi chaotic control using an adaptive-neural observer based RISE controller. In 2015 2nd International Conference on Knowledge-Based Engineering and Innovation (KBEI) (pp. 787-791). IEEE.
- Nanda, S. Moore, H. Lenhart, S. (2007), “Optimal control of treatment in a mathematical model of chronic myelogenous leukemia”, Mathematical Biosciences, pp.:143-156
- Padhi, R. Kothar, M. (2006), “An optimal dynamic inversion-based neuro adaptive approach for treatment of chronic myelogenous leukemia”, American Control Conference, computer methods and programs in biomedicine, pp.: 208–224.
- Paquin, D. Kim, P.S. Lee, P.P. Levy, D. (2011), “Strategic treatment interruptions during imatinib treatment of chronic myelogenous leukemia.” Mathematical Biology, pp.: 1082-1100
- Selmic, R.R. (2000), “Neurocontrol of Industrial Motion Systems with Actuator Nonlinearities.” Ph. D. Dissertation, The Univ. of Texas at Arlington, Arlington. TX.
- Sharafian, A., Ebrahimi fard, Z., (2017 In press), “State Dependent Riccati Equation Sliding Mode Observer for Mathematical Dynamic Model of Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia.” International Journal of Engineering Systems Modelling and Simulation.
- Sharafian, A., Ghasemi, R., (2016 In press), “Stable State Dependent Riccati Equation neural observer for a class of nonlinear systems.” International Journal of Modeling, Identification and control.
- Sharafian, A., Ghasemi, R., (2017), “Fractional neural observer design for a class of nonlinear fractional chaotic systems.” Neural Computing & Applications. Springer
- Wang, M., Ren, X. (2016), “Neural Network Observer Based Optimal Tracking Control for Multi-Motor Servomechanism with Backlash.” InProceedings of the 2015 Chinese Intelligent Systems Conference (pp. 453-462). Springer Berlin Heidelberg.
- Witczak, P., Patan, K., Witczak, M., Puig, V., Korbicz, J. (2015), “A neural network-based robust unknown input observer design: application to wind turbine.” IFAC-PapersOnLine, 48(21), 263-270.